Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Providing God.

Yesterday I was really bumming about my work schedule for the week. Jonathan works fifty hours Monday through Friday and I have a crazy random work schedule so that doesn’t leave a lot of time to be a couple. This week I worked Tuesday, Wednesday and Today. I also have to work Tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. I am very thankful that I have been blessed with a job, but I wasn’t feeling so thankful yesterday. Yesterday I was mad. I was mad that I have to work on the only days that my man has off. I was mad that I’m not going to be able to spend time with Parker when he stays at the Shaffer’s this weekend while his parents head to Chicago to visit friends. I was mad that all my co-workers are too busy to come in and help me out so I have to work 10am-11pm on Saturday.  I was angry that the cable that connects my zune to my laptop is broken and I couldn’t put the 7th Harry Potter audio book on there to listen to on my commute.  My frustration level was ridiculously high and my heart felt heavy and cold; then Jonathan called. After I bit his head off (sorry babe) he asked if he could pray for me and as he was praying I felt an immediate wave of calm wash over me. I felt silly for being so angry and frustrated. I was holding onto petty anger instead of turning to God. After Jonathan and I ended our conversation I got out my journal and started laying all my burdens on God. My heart felt a thousand times lighter and today God truly showed how faithful He is. This morning, as I was walking out the door to leave, there were deer right at the edge of my yard frolicking and playing. Then in the parking lot at work a butterfly landed on shoulder. I believe God uses nature like this to romance us. They were both beautiful and intimate moments. A couple of hours into work my sister text me to say that she found her zune cable and that I could have it since her zune no longer works!  After dinner I got a call from a coworker whose plans for the weekend didn’t work out and she can now cover half of my shift on Saturday! My God is a God who provides.

On a different note, I got a belt with mustaches on it and an owl necklace today! So cool! Thanks mom :)


Desert Song- Hillsong 
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides


And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/h/hillsong/the_desert_song.html ]
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

No comments:

Post a Comment