Monday, June 20, 2011

Sweetness.

This past weekend was a wonderful one for me as I was blessed enough to spend it with Jonathan and his family! As I mentioned in my previous post Jonathan’s brother Jason, sister-in-law Amy and nephew Parker were there to visit for the weekend. It was just a really fun time filled with a lady shopping outing, yummy strawberry pie, good conversations, belly touching (there are two pregnant ladies in the family) and a lot of play time with Parker! On Sunday, Catherine and Dan, Jonathan‘s sister and brother in law, made the trek to the Shaffers from Cleveland after visiting Dan’s parents and it was really awesome to see them. Dan has been hired by the University of Findlay (he’s math professor) and they’ve just made the move from Lexington, Virginia to Ohio. Catherine is currently pregnant with their first child, a baby boy, to be named Silas Daniel. Silas is one squirmy little wormy and it’s always fun to feel him moving all around, but I’m looking forward to him actually being here for me to hold. I’m also very excited that Cat and Dan are going to be living so close. Since Jonathan is the youngest in his family by eight years I’ve only been able to get to know his siblings when they come to visit or if we go visit them since they all live at least an hour and half away and it will be nice to have the Baczkowskis so close! Plus, I absolutely adore Cat and I’m looking forward to spending more time with her. As I said, there are two pregnant ladies in the family; Amy is pregnant with their second child, a little girl, whose name is not being disclosed until she is born. Jason and Amy are already wonderful parents, but Parker is going to make a wonderful new big brother.

Today, I (finally) mailed the package I made to Erica as she spends her summer on Summer Project in Vail, Colorado. She is doing some sweet things for the Lord and I am so proud of her. I was also lucky enough to spend today with my little buddy Jagger. Jagger is the son of my mom’s best friend Jenese, but to me he’s really an unofficial nephew. He’s two years old, an absolute hoot and a half. He loves Cars (think Pixar movie) and he thinks Mimi (my mom) is the best. My whole family loves Jagger and we were so glad he could come spend the day with us today.

The next six days will be filled with pretty much nothing but work, but I’m trying to stay grateful that I have been blessed with a job when so many can’t find work. The Lord has blessed me with so much and still my heart can be so fickle and unappreciative. I’m definitely a complainer so I’ve been trying to write a list of all the wonderful things that have happened to me during the day instead of just focusing and whining about the bad ones. It’s still new, but I think it’s really helping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment