Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mediterranean Chicken

Well, I'm back again. Life has been crazy. Between working, school, and trying to have a social life, I haven't had much time to cook. When I do have time to cook it's usually basics for my family, but the other day I put in some real effort and came up with a new recipe. Jonathan and I recently celebrated our five year anniversary (go us!) and when we did we used an Olive Garden gift card that one of my favorite customers was nice enough to gift to me! While there I dined on their Mediterranean chicken and I knew that I had to figure out how to make it at home! Jonathan of course thought that this was a fine idea and offered to make a video of me creating this dish!


















Ingredients:
Chicken
Angel hair pasta
Fresh spinach
Cherry tomatoes
Feta
Lemon
Shallot
Dijon mustard
Olive oil
Basil
Parsley
Salt
Pepper
Garlic

For the vinaigrette you want to juice one lemon, add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the lemon juice. Mince 1 tsp of shallot (In this video I used a red onion because it was what I had on hand) and add in to the mixture. Then, add 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard and whisk. Set aside for later.

Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat to cook the chicken. Season with basil, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until it is no longer pink.

While the chicken is cooking boil water for the pasta and cook until it is done and drain. Put the pasta back into the pot and add a couple had fulls of spinach, cherry tomatoes (I cut them in half first), the vinaigrette, and let it all heat up. Add the feta before plating and then add the pan seared chicken on top and you're all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment